The Vietnam Report, has announced the top ten banks and top ten insurance firms in Vietnam. The recipients of the award were selected based on the Vietnam Report’s independent research, with financial capacity, media credibility, and client satisfaction as main criteria.
Other factors in the rankings were the growth of capital, revenue and profits as well as the development plans of the companies for 2016.
The insurance firms chosen were those with strong financial capacity, high turnover, and consistent growth.
- Bao Viet Insurance Corporation
- PVI Insurance Corporation
- Post Insurance JSC
- Petrolimex Insurance JSC
- BIDV Insurance JSC
- Bao Minh Insurance JSC
- Military Insurance JSC
- Agriculture Bank Insurance JSC
- Bao Long Insurance JSC
- VietinBank Insurance JSC.
Three of the top ten banks, Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade (Vietinbank), Bank of Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV), Bank for Foreign trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank), have over 50% of capital owned by the State. The rest are privately owned banks:
Generali Vietnam and Eximbank sign bancassurance partnership
Vietnam insurance income on six-year high
Manulife Vietnam increases chartered capital by 38%
- Asia Commercial Bank (ACB)
- Vietnam Technological and Commercial Bank (Techcombank)
- Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MB)
- Saigon Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank)
- Tien Phong Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Tien Phong Bank)
- Saigon- Ha Noi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB)
- Saigon Commercial Bank (SCB).